Positive Features of Owning a Steel Carport
Wish you didn’t have to park your truck out in the open? Tired of seeing the effects of the sun and the elements taking their toll on your vehicle’s paint and interior? Are you just plain over having to dig your car out of the snow every winter? Wish you had a reliable covered shelter for your other vehicles, like maybe an RV or boat? There are many positive features that go along with having a prefab metal carport, like their durability, weather and pest resistance, and low maintenance needs.
What About a Used Metal Carport?
If your budget is tight, you might be tempted to consider a used metal cover. If a steel structure is built to last, then a used steel structure should theoretically keep right on lasting too, right? Maybe, but there are also some drawbacks and unknowns that go along with purchasing a used metal carport.
The main advantage of considering a used carport is its selling price. But is the lower initial price worth all the inherent risks that go along with a used building?
- Materials – A used steel carport is certainly a better choice than a used aluminum or wooden carport. Even so, the look of used steel isn’t all that different from the look of new steel. Sight alone can’t tell you the quality of the original steel that was used to fabricate the components of the structure. Sight can’t necessarily tell you how well-installed the building was the first time, either.
- Age – Speaking of vision, your eyes may also not be the best judge of the current condition this used structure. Are you really able to verify how old this used carport is? And even if so, you should keep in mind that the older the structure is to begin with, the more maintenance it’s likely to need over time.
- Warranty – Is this used metal carport still covered by any manufacturer or dealer warranties? Does the seller have any paperwork to verify this? And even if there is any warranty coverage remaining, does it still apply once the building changes ownership? These are good questions to which you’d want to find answers.
- Breaking Down and Re-Installing – Assuming the seller doesn’t provide professional building installation services, how do you plan to break it down, transport it to your location, and re-install it? If these aren’t tasks you’re skilled and equipped to handle on your own, then it’s probably best to pass on a used carport. Another question you may want to ask is whether this particular building has been broken down and re-installed before, and if so, how many times? The fact of the matter is that a metal building runs the risk of losing some structural integrity each time it is disassembled and reassembled.
- Limited Customization Options – Steel carports are normally advantageous in that they are flexible structures which are typically easier to customize than buildings made from other materials. However, most metal building manufacturers and dealers won’t come out to perform customizations on a building that they didn’t fabricate or install themselves. If you go the route of a used carport, you may find yourself quite limited in your ability to do any personalizing or customizing to meet your particular needs.
- Building Code and Permitting Considerations – Many areas require metal structures to be permitted according to local building codes. Another risk you face by purchasing a used carport is that the framing or other materials may not meet the certification requirements in your area. And even if certification isn’t required where you live, an uncertified building is more likely to fail in the face of any unforeseen weather extremes.
Why a New Steel Carport is Really a Better Investment
As you can see, trying to save a little money by buying a used metal carport can be a risky venture that really isn’t worth the risk. Better to partner with a trusted provider like Metal Garage Central to get the reliable steel structure you need! Here are a few advantages to choosing a metal carport from Metal Garage Central:
- We’re one of America’s largest metal structure providers, and we serve nearly all of the continental United States
- We only partner with the best manufacturers in the country, sourcing American steel and fabricating buildings with American labor
- Our steel structures are built to last, providing unparalleled protection from the elements, including sun, rain, snow, hail, and lightning.
- We’re so confident in the quality of our products that we back each building with a 20-year framing warranty, a 10-year paneling warranty, and a 1-year workmanship warranty
- Our structures don’t come out of a box or off of any shelf; each building is custom fabricated to order
- You can customize every aspect of your building, from the width-length-height dimensions, to the roof style, to the gauges of steel for framing and paneling, to optional walls, doors, and windows, to the roof/paneling/trim colors, to certification specifications, and more!
- We INCLUDE professional building delivery and installation with your purchase, at no extra charge
- If you’re concerned about staying within your budget, we offer several preferred financing and rent-to-own options to help you be able to afford the quality metal building you need!
- We take the time to listen to you, and we provide a level of customer service that’s truly exceptional
What Are You Waiting For? Reach Out to Us at Metal Garage Central Today!
Let’s get started! Contact us or give us a call at (980) 321-9898 today, and let’s get to work on helping you get the custom steel carport or building of your dreams!