If you’ve found that you no longer have the space needed for your home or business but would like to stay in your current location, we have just the solution for you here at Metal Garage Central. Metal building add-ons are an easy, yet affordable way to expand your home, business, or office. Between their durability, reliability, longevity, and little required maintenance, these additions are an option you can count on for years to come.
What Are the Reasons for Expanding a Metal Building?
Similar to the reasons for investing in a prefab steel building, your reasons for expanding are also uniquely your own. And here at Metal Garage Central, we highly respect that. Several people opt to add onto their structure because their current needs are no longer being met, but there are several other reasons for someone to expand their metal structure. Take a look below for some of the most common expansion reasons.
- Adding more employees to the business.
- In need of more storage space.
- Expanding the family business.
- Opening a bigger office for your company.
- Adding a guest house to your property.
Ways to Expand Your Prefab Metal Building
We understand that every customer has their own reasons for expanding their current steel building, which is why we offer a variety of ways to make it happen! All our buildings are made with high-quality steel components, allowing them to adapt to your ever-changing needs. You can find a list of ways you can add onto your structure below.
- End Walls– As one of the most common ways to expand your structure, you can have a side or end wall removed for the expansion. If your unit does not have end walls or side walls, it simply makes the process that much easier! However, if you choose to expand from the end walls, you must have a vertical roof style to avoid future leaks.
- Side-By-Side – For side-by-side attachments, we prefer for the existing structure to be our own, but there are exceptions to this. A new metal building can be attached to the side of an existing unit, creating a larger structure. For more information about the attachment of a new unit, you can contact your building specialist.
- Second Story – We do not offer second story additions here at Metal Garage Central, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. If planned properly and engineered with the correct materials, you can easily add a second story to your prefab metal building.
- Extend the Roof – In order to extend the roof, you will need to have uprights. You can also choose to have an extended overhang rather than an extended roof; however, you will need to contact your building specialist about the limits to hang longer overhangs.
- Lean-tos – One of the easiest and most common ways to add storage space to your existing structure for a price you can afford is by having a lean-to attached to either one or both sides. Lean-tos can be both open or fully-enclosed, depending on your needs.
Are You Looking to Expand Your Metal Building? Contact Metal Garage Central Today
If you’re looking into expanding your steel building but aren’t too sure where to start, feel free to contact us today at Metal Garage Central for assistance. Our main priority is to find the perfect solution for all our customers, no matter what that solution may be. And with one of our prefab metal buildings, we guarantee all your needs will be met, no matter if they’re personal, residential, agricultural, or commercial. Just give us a call today at 980-321-9898 and someone will be more than happy to assist you.