Carports can make life so much easier, but sometimes they just aren’t enough. Have you ever felt this way, as if your structure is better than nothing but just not what you need? With a prefab garage from Metal Garage Central, you won’t have to settle. Converting your metal carport to a metal garage is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
What’s So Great About Garages?
Maybe you’re content with your carport because you don’t really know what else is out there for you. By converting your existing carport to a metal garage, you would be gaining security, efficiency, and style. A steel garage gives you a place to store more than just cars; you can have your own workshop, storage space, and room for a man cave or mom cave! Not only that, but your new structure will be a beautiful complement to your home.
An Easy Conversion
While a conversion from a metal carport to a metal garage is straightforward, each step in the process needs to be carefully considered. There are a few questions you’ll need to ask yourself. Do you plan on doing the conversion yourself, or would you rather have a team of professionals do it for you? Would you be better off just buying a new garage? Make sure you weigh all of your options before jumping in.
Once you’ve decided converting your carport is the way to go, here are the steps to getting it done:
Planning & Preparation
- Ensure that you have the proper building permits. You will need to check with your Homeowners Association (if you have one), as well as your local zoning and planning commission for more information.
- Check your foundation for any imperfections. If there are any cracks in the concrete or asphalt, you will need to have it corrected. It’s also important to ensure that your gutters have proper drainage to prevent any water damages to the foundation.
- Give your structure a complete look over. Are there any leaks in the roof? If so, you’ll need to find the source of the problem and have it fixed immediately. You may also want to consider having a new roof installed if you feel as if it won’t blend well with your new structure.
- Figure out your budget. The cost of your carport conversion can vary based on many factors, all of which will need to be taken into consideration. These include the extent of the changes being made, the size of your new steel garage, and the amount of materials and labor required.
- Once you’ve completed your plan, the first step to starting your project will be to install the new walls.
- The next step in the process will be to install both the doors and the windows. During this step, it’s important that you follow the “measure twice, cut once” rule of thumb. We highly recommend adding a walk-in door for easy access. This will allow you to easily enter and exit the structure without over-using your garage door.
Adding the Finishing Touches
- The last thing you’ll need to do is decide on the amenities you want. For example, if you plan to spend a majority of your time working in the garage, you should consider having an HVAC system installed.
- Electricity will also be important if you plan to spend time working in your garage. While the windows may provide a natural source of light, electricity will allow you to work away into the night.
Don’t forget, all of our prefab metal structures here at Metal Garage Central are also fully customizable. You can choose your own roof style, color combination, doors, windows, and everything in between to create your ideal structure. Whatever changes you would like made to the exterior, we can do it.
Metal Garage Central Can Help with All Your Needs!
Carport to garage conversions are much simpler than they seem. And by partnering with us here at Metal Garage Central, you’re making the process that much easier! We guarantee the prefab steel garages we offer will give you everything you need and much more because we don’t just provide garages, we provide solutions for a better way of life. So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today at 980-321-9898 to find the perfect solution to your needs.c