You Can Have a Music Studio in Your Own Garage!
Garages are often dismissed as a place for you to store your extra junk and protect your vehicles from Mother Nature, but for some people, they’re the place you can finally express who you really are – an artist. This just happened to be the situation for several famous bands throughout history, including the Beatles, Nirvana and many more. Not only do our metal garage buildings provide the perfect place to practice your favorite hobby, but they can also help you create beautiful music.
It All Started Right at Home…
Believe it or not, several famous bands got started in their very own garage. In 1960, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison started their very own band in a small Liverpool garage. When they later had the chance to take it to the big stage, everything started to fall into place. Now, more than 60 years later, The Beatles are still known as one of the most influential bands of their time. A few of the other band who found fame after starting out in their own garage include those we’ve listed here below.
- The Kingsmen – In 1959, five teenagers from Portland, Oregon came together to form a band that would later be recognized as “The Kingsmen.” Though they are often talked about for their version of “Louie, Louie”, they quickly became rock ‘n’ roll legends in the music industry.
- The Ramones – The Ramones first started out in a small New York garage, later becoming one of the best bands in the American Punk Rock era. Surprisingly, their name came from Paul McCartney who once went by the name of Paul Ramone. Once they made the big stage, they would go on to be known as one of the most influential bands of their time.
- Nirvana – Kurt Cobain started this band in his very own garage in the year of 1987. Once they began hanging out and practicing music, they embraced the garage as their own music studio and declared it to be the start of the “grunge rock” movement. Their stick-it-to-the-man, raspy kind of sound started the alternative grunge music movement and eventually led to several start-up bands using garages as their studios.
- The Kinks – Ray and Dave Davies, two brothers from North London, put together their own garage band in 1964. Not only did they become well-known for one of their songs, “You Really Got Me”, but their fans seemed to love their ability to tell stories through their lyrics and music.
- The Strangeloves – Created in a smaller New York garage in 1964, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gotthrer got together to form a band that would eventually be known worldwide as The Strangeloves. They created several popular songs that led their era, including “I Want Candy” and “Night Time.”
- Paul Revere and the Raiders – As one of the most popular musical groups in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s, Paul Revere and the Raiders were most popular for their American music, including their hit “I’m Not Your Stepping Stone.” The bands creation began when Paul Revere met his fellow band member, Mark Lindsay, in a bakery where he was buying buns.
- The Outsiders – Starting out as a small garage band in Cleveland, Ohio, The Outsiders worked continuously until they were eventually invited to play at several barns in town. This also led to their first huge step as a band – recording their hit song “Time Won’t Let Me.” This hit song sold over one million copies in the year 1966 alone.
- Weezer – This popular band started in the early ‘90s in a small Los Angeles garage. You may have heard one of their most popular songs “Island in the Sun” at your friend’s wedding or anniversary party. They’re also known for their song “Troublemaker.” While they may have started out in a garage, Weezer is still a popular musical group to this day.
No Matter What Your Dream is, Start with a Metal Garage!
If you and your friends have been dreaming of making it big with your band one day, you can! While it may seem outrageous at first, one of our steel garage buildings can help you get to the big stage and become just as famous as the bands we’ve listed above. So, if you’re ready to start making your dream come true, give us a call today at +1 (980) 321-9898 to speak with one of our friendly building specialists about our metal garages.